All roads lead to Uyo for #AkwaFair2017 As Trade Fair manager storms Lagos
… describes Akwa Ibom State as Investors’ Haven
The managers of Akwa Ibom Trade Fair 2017 (Akwa Fair 2017), Enterprise Club of Nigeria, have stormed Africa’s commercial capital, Lagos, in view of building relations to aid the successful hosting of the 2017 edition of the annual business and trade exhibition in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom State.
The trio of Enterprise Club of Nigeria CEO, Mike Okon, Fair Manager, Ofonime Eshiet and Media Consultant, Nelson NseAbasi briefed journalists and representatives of several business concerns from around the world, as they converged at Tafawa Balewa Square for Lagos International Trade Fair.
In their different statements during the chat at the Lagos Trade Fair Media Center, the team conveyed their mission and partnership with Akwa Ibom state government, through the Ministry of Investment, Commerce & Industry and UYO CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE, INDUSTRY, MINES & AGRICULTURE, (UYOCIMA).
Okon said his NGO’s complementary effort, is to create a forum to rub minds on ways to catch in on the platforms the current Akwa Ibom state administration is creating for businesses, hence the theme of this year’s trade fair ‘EMPOWERING MICRO, SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISES: A PANACEA FOR ACCELERATED & SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC GROWTH.
The Fair, which offers an opportunity of a life time for entrepreneurs will have in attendance the following stakeholders
* Business development consultants
* Raw material suppliers
* Machinery and equipment vendors
* Market facilitators
* Venture capitalist, portfolio managers and development finance institutions with cheap sources of finance
* Regulatory agencies
* Policy makers
* Business networking associations
* Multi-lateral development agencies
* NGOs and foundations
It is estimated that the trade fair will attract more than 200,000 visitors to Uyo during the two weeks long event. The following activities will take place during the fair;
* A general trade fair for exhibitors from all over the country with special days focusing on products and services in each sector of the economy.
* Five conferences and business meetings for focused groups which will be organized on the side lines of the fair in the following sectors
– Technology – With leading ICT companies (software, payment solution, cloud solution and hardware) and manufacturing technology companies (processing and packaging) in the industry presenting with the audience made up of ICT, small scale industrialist, etc.
– Health – With leading drug manufacturing companies, medical equipment companies, reagent dealers and associated companies in the health sector presenting to an audience of Pharmacist, patent medicine vendors, doctors, lab tech, etc as audience
– Education – With leading publishing houses, education consultants, learning aids vendors, inclusive education providers, special subjects tutors presenting to an audience of school proprietors, school administrators, potential foreign university students etc
– Agriculture & Agro allied – Leading research institutions, agro companies, agro processing technology providers and allied companies presenting to an audience of farmers, agro processors, etc
– Investment &MSME Finance – Leading finance institutions and fund managers with portfolio exposure to MSME finance presenting to an audience of entrepreneurs & business executives
* Brand shows, talent hunt and similar activities at night
* Opening and Closing ceremonies with dignitaries in most State and Federal Government of Nigeria agencies, commercial sections of foreign embassies, and special guests present.
Akwa Fair 2017 will deploy the widest publicity in the social, electronic and print media before and during the fourteen (14) day duration of the Fair.
Such extended and intensive publicity invariably presents a unique opportunity for exhibitors to advertise their products, services, inventions and innovations to both Nigerian and foreign audience.
The Fair is strongly supported by the Akwa Ibom State Government, and is always well attended by numerous government agencies seeking new ideas, inventions and innovations necessary for the attainment of the objectives for which they were set up. The Fair brings into focus the full potentials and business opportunities existing in Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria.
Another pic below;
See more on www.akwafair2017.com